Visit our COVID-19 page for the most up to date information and resources for Wenham residents.
Please take just a few minutes to participate in our online survey providing feedback to help in planning for our Annual Town Election to be held on Thursday, June 25, 2020 at a location to be determined and our Annual Town Meeting on a date and at a location to be determined.
Members of the Board of Health and Public Safety Team will hold another COVID-19 Public Health Forum on Thursday, May 21 at 3:00pm on Zoom and broadcast live on HWCAM's cable channels Comcast 8 and Verizon 36. Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86952519073 Meeting ID: 869 5251 9073
On May 20, 2020 the Board of Health issued the following update regarding the re-opening of trails, athletic fields and parks (playgrounds not included) on May 25, 2020 under the following reminders:
- All trash carry in/carry out
- Bring your own hand sanitizer
- Maintain a distance 12 feet apart in parks for picnicking/play/etc.
- No contact sports or shared equipment
- Bathroom facilities are closed
- Basketball and tennis courts are closed
- Playgrounds and playground equipment are closed
- Parking and beach remain closed at Pleasant Pond
- Parking open at Rail Trail (but no parking along 97 per the BOS)
- Remain with your own household in these shared spaces
- And bring a face covering to use in shared outdoor spaces if you can’t remain six feet apart per the Governor’s order
The Board of Health issued the following order regarding Face Coverings on April 15, 2020:
1) All members of the public entering any Essential Business as defined by Governor Baker’s Covid-19 Executive Orders, including but not limited to grocery stores, pharmacies, home improvement stores and the like must wear a cloth face covering, such as a fabric mask, scarf or bandana, over his or her nose and mouth. The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators, which should be left for medical professionals and first responders. See this link for Centers for Disease Control information on making a cloth face covering: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
2) All members of the public entering a restaurant for the purpose of picking up food for take-outmust wear a face covering over their nose and mouth.
3) All employees of all Essential Businesses, as defined above, shall wear a face covering over ther mouth and nose when interacting with the public and within six feet of a co-worker. Employers and employees must use prescribed protocols and guidelines for personal protective equipment such as gloves.
4) Any resident or member of the general public entering or exiting a residential or commercial building complex of greater than one (1) unit must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while in common areas and communal spaces and must exercise social distancing in these spaces in accordance with CDC guidelines. See these guidelines at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/social-distancing.html
This emergency order shall be effective beginning FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2020 at 12:01AM and remain in effect until notice is given, pursuant to the Board of Health’s judgement, that the Public Health Emergency no longer exists.
To the extent necessary, this Order shall be enforced by Board of Health officials and Wenham Police Officers. Individuals who violate the provisions of this Emergency Order are subject to warnings/fines issued by the enforcing authorities as follows: (1) first offense – a warning; (2) second offense – a fine of $100; (3) third and further offenses – a fine of $250.
Contact the Board of Health at 978-468-5520 x.4 with questions.
- Simple Recycling pink bag collection resumes Monday, May 4.
- All Town of Wenham parks, playgrounds, trails and playing fields remain closed through May 18.
- All Town Offices remain closed to the public through May 18.
- The Board of Selectmen are meeting weekly via Zoom to discuss the impacts of COVID-19 in Wenham. Visit the link in Recent News for agendas, links to Zoom meetings.
- The Annual Town Meeting and Annual Town Election have been postponed. New dates will be announced soon.