The following guidelines will be followed for Notary Services:
- A valid, government-issued photo identification is required of any customer seeking Notary Service
- The document(s) CANNOT already have been signed nor dated
- All signers must be present at the time of notarizing
- The Notary is stating they have witnessed the document being signed
- The document must contain the appropriate Notarial Statement or Clause, or one will be stamped on the document by the Notary
- Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized at this facility
- Notary Service is not available for deeds, mortgages, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils or depositions.
- Certain public documents cannot be copied and notarized. Examples of these are birth, marriage and death certificates
- Massachusetts law requires that a Notary and the person seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other
- In accordance with Massachusetts Notarial Law, Notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances of the request for Notary Service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty. In this event, the Notary may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Service
Trudy Reid, Town Clerk is a notary. You are welcome to stop by for the notary services. For questions, please call (978) 468-5520 x1
The Town of Wenham does not charge for this service.