The Building Department is responsible for enforcing the following codes:
- International Building Code (IBC)
- International Residential Code (IRC)
- International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC)
- and portions of the International Fire Code (IFC)
- and the Wenham Zoning Bylaw
The Ninth Edition of the building code applies to all building permits filed on or after January 1, 2018.
Building, Electrical and Plumbing Permits are issued and all construction inspections are processed through this office. See link to E-Permitting at the bottom of this page. Guidelines for E-Permitting can be found on the left hand navigation.
Contact the Building Department:
Angelo Salamone, Inspector of Buildings
Office hours: Monday-Thursday 1:00-2:00 pm
Inspections: Monday-Thursday 2:00-4:00 pm
BJ Brown, Inspector of Wires
Inspections: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:00-5:00pm
Kevin Dash, Plumbing & Gas Inspector
Inspections: By Appointment Weekday Evenings
Jackie Bresnahan, Permitting Coordinator
Permit applications can be dropped off anytime Town Hall is open
Permitting Office Hours & Location:
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday
9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Tuesday
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Friday
Wenham Town Hall
138 Main Street
Wenham, MA 01984
Phone: 978-468-5520 Ext. 4
We will be launching a new e-permitting portal in September. The link will be here once it is active.
Thanks for you patience!