The Building Department is responsible for enforcing the following codes:
- International Building Code (IBC)
- International Residential Code (IRC)
- International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC)
- and portions of the International Fire Code (IFC)
- and the Wenham Zoning Bylaw
The Ninth Edition of the building code applies to all building permits filed on or after January 1, 2018.
Building, Electrical and Plumbing Permits are issued and all construction inspections are processed through this office. See link to E-Permitting at the bottom of this page. Guidelines for E-Permitting can be found on the left hand navigation.
- Permits can be submitted online, in person, or by mail. If you are planning to submit online or by mail, please call to have your permit fee calculated so as to avoid the additional processing time required for over or under paid permit fees. Thank you!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 978-468-5520 ext. 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the Building Department:
Angelo Salamone, Inspector of Buildings
Office hours: Monday-Thursday 1:00-2:00 pm
Inspections: Monday-Thursday 2:00-3:00 pm
BJ Brown, Inspector of Wires
Inspections: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:00-5:00pm
Permitting Office Hours & Location:
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday
9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Tuesday
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Friday
Wenham Town Hall
138 Main Street
Wenham, Ma 01984
Phone: 978-468-5520 Ext. 4
We will be launching a new e-permitting portal in September. The link will be here once it is active.
Thanks for you patience!