Filing a Notice of Intent
Link to the State instructions and Notice of Intent WPA Form 3
Commission meetings take place on the second (2nd ) and forth (4th) Mondays of the month and the filing is required approximately three weeks prior to the meeting.
The Commission would like eight (8) copies of the forms, including a detailed plan, signed by a Massachusetts approved Professional Engineer, Registered Surveyor, or Registered Sanitarian. In addition to filing the State forms, we ask that you submit to the Commission:
- A copy of the checks you have made to the State and to the Town of Wenham (Local fee schedule)
- A completed Notification to Abutters
- A signed copy of the Affidavit of Service
- A list of the abutters ( available from the Wenham Assessor)
- Proof of mailing abutter notification, (either certificate of mailing or certified receipts)
- A locus map showing where your property is located (This map is also required to be sent to the state.)
Upon the filing of a complete application, you will be scheduled for the next available Conservation Commission meeting. A legal ad will be submitted to the Hamilton-Wenham Chronicle and you will be billed directly by the paper for this ad.